The Siberian lynx (Lynx lynx) is superbly adapted to getting around its wintry habitat. Wide and webbed paws help keep the lynx from sinking into the snow. Hair on the bottom of its paws prevents slipping and along with a thick coat of fur, battles the chilly climate.
- Where to see them: Eastern Siberia
- Length: 2.6 to 4.3 ft
- Weight: 18 to 68 lbsLifespan: Up to 17 yrs
- Habitat: Forest and scrubland
- Diet: Hares, small hoofed mammals, rodents and birds
- Risk Status: Species at Risk (IUCN—Endangered)