The white tiger (Panthera tigrisis) not an albino. Instead, the white coat and icy blue eyes are simply a rare expression of recessive genes. Estimates predict that only one out of every 10,000 tigers will display the striking black and white striped pattern.
- Where to see them: India (white tigers)
- Height: Up to 4 ft
- Weight: Male – 395 to 570lbs; Female - 220 to 355lbs
- Lifespan: Up to 20 yrs in wild
- Habitat: Forest, woodlands and wetlands
- Diet: Primarily hoofed mammals such as wild pigs, cattle and deer, some small animals such as monkeys, birds and fish
- Risk Status: Species at Risk (IUCN—Endangered)
Community content is available under CC-BY-SA unless otherwise noted.